Terms and Conditions
By submitting your work (hereafter “the Work”) for publication, or by accepting a commission from Caribbean Intransit, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- Our agreement with you can be terminated by Caribbean Intransit if you fail to deliver the agreed work on or before deadline and in compliance with the writer’s brief.
- You assign to us the following designated rights and interests in and to the said Work:
- exclusive world-wide first publication rights in all languages;
- exclusive world-wide reprint rights in all forms for any whole or part edition of the Caribbean Arts Village Website (hereafter “the Website”);
- exclusive rights to licence the Work for use by others in publications other than the Website, for a period of one year following the date of first publication of the Work;
- world-wide reprint rights for advertising and publicity purposes in all media by or for the Website or any edition of the Website, for a period of one year following the date of first publication of the Work
- If we in our sole discretion decide not to accept the Work, we will notify you within 30 days of delivery of the completed Work and terminate our rights under this Agreement.
- We reserve the right to edit or otherwise change the Work. You also agree to make such changes in the Work as we may reasonably request prior to publication. We are under no obligation to publish the Work on the Website. You hereby agree to our using your name, biography photograph or other likeness in connection with the advertisement and promotion of the Work or the Website in which it appears.
- You represent and warrant that:
- you are or will be the sole author of the Work unless otherwise identified and have made no commitments with any others with respect to the Work or its use;
- the Work is original, and does not infringe any copyright, proprietary right or any other right of any other person;
- the statements in the Work are or will be true (unless the Work is described as fiction); and
- the Work has either (i) not heretofore been published or used in any medium for any purpose, or (ii) if published/previously used, relevant permission has been obtained by the contributor to reproduce said Work for the Caribbean Intransit Journal
- You will indemnify us and hold us harmless from any and all loss, damage, and/or expense (including legal fees) that we may suffer or incur by reason of any claim or defence of any claim, arising from the breach or alleged breach, of any of these representations or warranties made by you.
- You retain exclusive rights to licence the Work for use by others in publications other than the Website, upon the expiry of one year following the date of publication of Caribbean Intransit, providing due credit is given to first publication of the Work in the Website.
- Please note that all works submitted to Caribbean InTransit will fall under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License and published by African and African American Studies, George Mason University.